At Bronco Roofing & Construction, we specialize in providing various roofing services including installation, repairs, upgrades, and re-roofing. We are experts in installing PVC roofs. Our trusted experts handle every roofing project with complete dedicated and enthusiasm. Our PVC roofing in Arlington TX are offered with a high level of professionalism.
What Is PVC Made From?
PVC, which stands for Polyvinyl Chloride is made up of two basic components: chlorine (derived from common salt), and ethylene (derived from natural gas). By adding some other components to these basic components of PVC, a material that is rigid, flexible, or semi-flexible can be obtained for different purposes. PVC was actually discovered accidentally by a scientist who was looking for a synthetic adhesive. Today, it has become one of the most versatile plastic materials.
How Is PVC Installed As A Roof?
There are basically two known ways PVC can be installed as a roof: it can be mechanically attached (using plates and screws) or adhered to the roof substrate. PVC membranes readily adhere to roof substrate. The overlapping seams of PVC membranes are heat welded together to prevent water from penetrating the building. The heat welding makes the seams very strong and reliable. A well installed PVC roof has so many advantages over other types of roofing systems.
What Are The Major Advantages Of PVC Roofing?
As hinted above, PVC roofing has so many advantages. Some of the most important advantages and reasons many contractors recommend PVC roofing are:
- Great Durability – PVC roofs can last for years and this is the dream of homeowners and owners of commercial places
- High Resistance to Fire – some durable roofing materials do not handle fire well but PVC is resistant to fire, giving you more security and peace of mind
- Great Waterproofing – PVC is water resistant too, this means you wouldn’t have to worry about water seeping in through the roof and causing damages
- High Wind Resistance – thanks to their welded seams, PVC roofs are resistant to high wind, ensuring that your roof holds strong during inclement weather
- Chemical Resistance – roof damages caused by chemical exposure can be very severe but with PVC roofs, you don’t have to worry about this as they are chemical resistant
- Environmental Friendliness – this is another plus for PVC roofs as high solar reflectivity minimizes energy wastage; you will pay less money to cool or heat your home and commercial buildings.
How Long Can A PVC Roof Last?
The longevity of a PVC roof will depend on different factors including the quality of installation and how properly it is maintained. This is why it is important to hire the best contractors for installation and routine maintenance.
Choose Us for Your PVC Roofing in Arlington TX
For more information about our roofing services, contact us today at Bronco Roofing & Construction. Our services are affordable, well-detailed, and highly professional. Our experts will be available to speak with you and discuss the options available to you. We guarantee you excellent services.